WFC Needs Your Help to Make History
Making the inaugural Women’s Forest Congress a reality required tremendous support from a variety of sources. As a principal actor and influential organization in the forest sector, organizations can continue to support diversity, equity, and inclusion in the sector and the Women’s Forest Congress in a variety of ways, including:
- Encourage employees to join the working groups and/or serve on committees and allow them the bandwidth/flexibility to do so.
- Encourage employees to attend and participate in the congress events (full in-person events as well as the smaller virtual events).
- Be intentional about the advancement of women and underrepresented communities and groups within your organization and through external relationships.
- Develop a set of guiding principles to address diversity, equity, and inclusion within your organization and member companies.
While financial support for the effort continues to be needed, the above actions are a necessary first step for true engagement. Any financial support will be paired with a set of expectations/shared goals that align with and support the overall goals of the Women’s Forest Congress.
We look forward to hearing and learning how your organization is thinking about and addressing diversity, equity, and inclusion, why now, and how the organization’s influence can be leveraged to explore the complex topics facing our sector and community. This includes workforce diversity, leadership advancement for women as well as employees from diverse backgrounds, racial and social justice and equity issues, and supporting the new faces of forest owners to create sustainable wealth for families and communities.
Supporting the Women’s Forest Congress
Organizations and individuals aligned with our Mission and Vision are invited to be an integral part of the Women’s Forest Congress. Your support will ensure the Declaration and related Resolutions made at the inaugural 2022 Women’s Forest Congress are successfully implemented. Your financial support will ensure that the energy, momentum, and excitement will flow into the coming months and continue to grow and support the extraordinary community forming around the movement.
Critical topics we continue to address include:
- Leadership for Equity & Inclusion
- Workforce Opportunities for Increasing Recruitment, Retention, and Leadership
- Women as Catalysts for Change
- Addressing Today’s Greatest Forest Challenges
- Supporting Each Other
Your sponsorship or donation will directly support ongoing communications, virtual events, and the volunteer-led Steering Committee, Advisory Council, and Working Groups. It will also support this historic movement to position and learn from women as leaders in the forest community.
To make a one-time financial contribution to the Women’s Forest Congress,
click on the Donate Now button below to learn more.